MILFORD, Del. - A man is facing charges including malicious interference emergency communications, after a person was injured as a result of an incident that happened in Milford.
The Milford Police Department says on January 25, just after 1:20 AM, the patrol division responded to a residence in the 300 block of Charles Street for a reported physical altercation. Through their investigation, police learned that 36-year-old Travis Cimo, of Milford, pushed the victim to the ground and attempted to prevent them from screaming by covering their mouth.
Authorities say Cimo grabbed the phone from the victim as they tried to call police which caused the call to disconnect. According to the report, a pair of shotguns were found which Cimo was prohibited to possess.
The victim reportedly sustained a minor injury from this incident.
Cimo is charged with offensive touching, possession of a firearm by person prohibited, and malicious interference emergency communications.
Cimo was issued $5,200 unsecured bail and a preliminary hearing is set for February 1 at the Sussex County Court of Common Pleas.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond