HARRINGTON, Del. - A man is in custody, after police say he is responsible for fracturing a woman's nose, in Harrington.
The Harrington Police Department says on January 17, officers on patrol were called to an address on Cozy Wood Circle, for a report of a physical domestic in progress. Once on scene, police say they determined that a woman in the home was assaulted by 47-year-old Willie Boyette, of Harrington.
According to the report, Boyette struck the the woman in the face causing the victim to suffer from a fractured nose. The victim was taken to a local hospital for treatment.
Authorities report that during the course of the investigation, the victim was not cooperating with the investigation and did not wish to pursue protection. Based on this, law enforcement says a warrant was not obtained initially. Ultimately, as the investigation continued, police say they were able to obtain a warrant for the 47-year-old and he was later taken into custody at his home on Friday.
Boyette was charged with one count of assault second degree.
He was later turned over to the Sussex Correctional Institute on a $5,000 secured bond.
- Island Creamery: New location coming soon to Salisbury
- Dad of child found dead near tracks now facing charges
- Delaware 'red-flag' gun measure poised for final vote
- Brightside: Shore Up! Connecting and Educating Families
- Salisbury prepares for 2019 fiscal year
- Police: Gold Alert Canceled; Milford man found safe