MILFORD, Del. - A man was arrested, after police say drugs were sold out of his vehicle for several months during a drug investigation, in Milford.
The Milford Police Department says on Tuesday, just before 6:30 PM, their drug unit was assisted by the Criminal Investigations Unit is conducting a search warrant on a 1998 green Toyota Avalon, off of Aerenson Drive. Police say the search warrant was a result a investigation into the sale of illicit drugs from this vehicle, which lasted for several months in the Milford area.
Authorities report that the vehicle belongs to and was driven by 47-year-old Willie Boyette, of Harrington. According to the report, the search resulted in the recovery of crack cocaine and an undisclosed amount of cash. Boyette was apparently out on bond for an unrelated assault case.
Boyette was arrested and charged with manufactures, delivers, or possesses with intent to manufacture, deliver a controlled substance, possession of drug paraphernalia (non-marijuana related), and breach of conditions of bond during commitment-felony.
He was turned over to the Department of Corrections in in default of $12,000 cash bail. Police say his bail was also revoked on the assault case.
Boyette was ordered to appear in Kent County Court of Common Pleas at a later date for a preliminary hearing.
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County