MILFORD, Del. - A man is facing charges in connection to a burglary, after police say they arrested him a day after the burglary in the same area, in Milford.
The Milford Police Department says on Wednesday, a burglary happened at a residence, on West Clarke Avenue, in which tools were taken in Milford. Police say during their investigation they conducted surveillance in the area the following evening.
According to the report, around 5:20 AM, on Thursday, detectives noticed suspicious activity at another residence in the area, and arrested 51-year-old Todd Bunselmeyer, of Milford, as he attempted to leave that residence.
Authorities say a search of Bunselmeyer's home revealed firearms which he was not allowed to have.
Law enforcement say Bunselmeyer was charged with three counts of burglary third degree, theft $1,500 or greater, theft under $1,500, criminal mischief, hindering prosecution, two counts of tampering with physical evidence, conspiracy second degree, three counts of possession of a firearm by person prohibited.
Milford PD reports that the 51-year-old was also found to be wanted by the Justice of the Peace Court 2. Bunselmeyer was issued $19,600 secured bail at Justice of the Peace Court 2. He was later turned over to the Sussex Correctional Institution.
A preliminary hearing is set for December 14 for this case.
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.