DOVER, Del. - A man was arrested, after police say he was involved in a Dover arson incident that resulted in over $160,000 in damages.
The Dover Police Department says on December 26, just after 12:45 AM, a suspect entered the parking lot of 613 Clara Street and set fire to an RV which caused $166,000 in damages. Police say the fire also caused $16,000 damage to a Capital School District bus.
Detectives report that they obtained surveillance footage of the property and in the surrounding downtown area, which showed the suspect. After receiving multiple anonymous tips and using the surveillance footage, law enforcement says 37-year-old Amos Small was identified as the suspect involved in the arson.
On Tuesday, Small was arrested and charged with arson second degree, burglary third degree, reckless burning.
He was later released on an unsecured bond.
- Wicomico Co. real estate agent, council candidate arrested on DUI charges
- Md. man convicted in 2017 death of 18-day-old child
- Senior citizen guilty in Wicomico Co. sex abuse case
- Del. DOC searching for wanted Dover inmate
- Multiple arrests made in drug/gun investigation
- Cape Henlopen Passes Referendum Vote