MILFORD, Del. - A Milford, Delaware man is now behind bars after police say he stabbed and killed two dogs inside his home on Wednesday.
Delaware State Police say they were called to a residence in the 7000 block of North Union Church Road around 10:30 AM.
According to troopers, they settled a verbal domestic dispute between Denzel L. Brown, 27, and his 34-year-old girlfriend.
Officers say the female secured her two adult pit bulls inside separate crates in the house, before the officers left the home.
Police say Brown, who also resides at the home, was waiting outside for a ride, but went back inside to get some personal belongings.
According to reports, Brown exited the home saying he stabbed two pit bull dogs with a knife that belonged to his girlfriend, after claiming the dogs were fighting.
Delaware Animal Control Officers were contacted and responded to the scene to take control of the two deceased dogs.
Denzel Brown was charged by troopers with Possession of a Deadly Weapon During the Commission of a Felony, two counts of Cruelty to Animals, and Criminal Mischief. He was arraigned at JP2 and committed to Sussex Correctional Institution on $16,100.00 cash bond.
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues
- Police: Fake money circulating in Salisbury
- Blades getting closer to drinkable water