GEORGETOWN, Del. - Fire officials say a major house fire broke out today in Georgetown.
Officials say flames started around 11:45 AM, though the origin of the fire is unclear at this time.
The Georgetown Volunteer Fire Department is currently on the scene, officials said. Firefighters from Milton, Ellendale, Millsboro, Laurel and Blades also responded.
Around 40 firefighters in total responded, officials said.
Because it was an older house and fully engulfed when firefighters arrived, they report it took 3 hours to get the fire under control.
No injuries were reported, but residents of the home are now displaced.
The house is located at U.S. Route 113 and Edward Street.
This is a developing story and more details will be added as they come in.
- Road shuts down after crash involving tractor trailer
- Del. girl who fell from NY amusement park ride out of hospital
- Teen charged with resisting arrest, drug offenses after $5k in damages to Crisfield PD
- Two charged after allegedly throwing drugs from a moving car
- Police looking for two suspects after Dover armed robbery
- Del. lawmakers eye gender identity protections