LAUREL, Del. - Officials in Delaware say they responded to a motorbike crash in Laurel on Monday afternoon that sent an 11-year-old boy to Shock Trauma in Baltimore.
According to the Laurel Fire Department, firefighters responded to the crash at around 4:10 PM on Gordy Road.
Delaware State Police say an 11-year-old boy crashed a small motorbike into a utility pole on private property and was transported by helicopter to Shock Trauma. His condition is not currently known. Officials say he was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
This story will be updated as more details arrive.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.