LAUREL, Del. - Police are looking for a suspect, after officers say a father and son were involved in a burglary, in Laurel, DE, which led to a vehicle chase ending in Wicomico County, MD.
The Laurel Police Department says on Saturday, officers were dispatched to a home for reports of a burglary in progress, in Laurel. According to the report, police were investigating the reported burglary when the suspect, 46-year-old James Howell Sr., of Salisbury, returned to the home. Authorities say they attempted to address Howell Sr., at which point, he then fled the scene, prompting a vehicle chase that ended in Delmar, MD. Howell Sr. was arrested and charged with burglary related offenses. Laurel PD was assisted by the Delmar Police Department, Delaware State Police, Wicomico County Sheriff's Office and Maryland State Police.
Law enforcement reports that the other suspect involved in the burglary is still wanted. Police say the wanted suspect is identified as the son of Howell Sr., 24-year-old James Howell Jr., of Salisbury. According to the report, Howell Jr. is wanted for felony burglary, resisting arrest, and felony traffic charges.
Anyone with information related to this incident or the whereabouts of Howell Jr. is asked to call Patrolman Little of the laurel police Department at 302-875-2244 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury
- One dead in Ellendale hit and run crash; investigation ongoing
- Police: Man dead after two-vehicle crash in Laurel
- Dover Police: Over 60 bags of heroin, over $11K found in drug investigation; one charged