DOVER, Del. - Tuesday night, Republican James Hosfelt won the election for Kent County's 2nd District Commissioner.
Hosfelt won with about 63-percent of the vote against Democrat Andrea Kreiner.
The race was considered a special election and took place today because the former Levy Court Commissioner stepped down before the end of his term.
Approximately 1,800 people voted.
Hosfelt said in a Facebook post, "There will be a tough road ahead for the county but we will make Kent the best in the state."
- Easton man facing sex offense charges in connection to parking lot incident
- Updated Delmarva lawmakers weigh in on Alabama special election results
- Traffic Alert: John Street closed due to Salisbury water service project
- Police search for missing homeless man in Del.
- One charged in traffic incident during Newark crash investigation
- Man arrested on DWI charges after oil tanker crash in Newark