DELAWARE - A little over a year after that fatal uprising at the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center, an inmate is now filing a lawsuit against the state.
Inmate Donald Parkell says he was living in Building C. The same building were Lieutenant Floyd was murdered.
According to court documents, Parkell says after the riot, they were beaten and tortured.
In addition the lawsuit claims inmates were denied mental health services, dental health services and even faced destruction of personal property.
Parkell is seeking monetary damages among other things.
Along with the department of corrections, Parkell is suing former Governor Jack Markell, DOC Commissioner Perry Phelps and Warden David Pierce.
47 ABC will continue with this story as it continues to unfold.
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet
- UPDATE: Two arrested in connection with 2017 murder investigation
- UPDATE: Wicomico Co. man sentenced for 2017 rape of relative