Investigators are trying to piece together what happened here at a Sussex County home after a fatal fire broke out early Thursday morning.
"Well the way I see it is the world will never be the way it was," says James Johnson, a nearby resident.
A community in shock after learning one of their residents living in the 28000 block of Fisher Road in Milton is gone.
Just before 5 a,m. Thursday morning, fire crews from Lewes, Rehoboth Beach, and Milton rushing to the scene of a two-story home engulfed in flames.
A home that now is riddled with scorched wood and broken windows, $25,000 worth of damage.
"I know they're all sad. I mean a lot of people can't imagine, you work hard for everything you want and just like that it's gone, everything," adds Johnson.
A fire that both the Delaware State Fire Marshal and Delaware State Police are trying to piece together. An initial investigation finds no suspicious activity thus far, but there are still many unknowns.
- Town resident raising concerns over storm water management
- Candidate for Governor goes toe to toe with Hogan
- DNREC announces first finding of West Nile virus in birds
- Delaware National Guard opens $12 million state-of-the-art facility for military vehicles
- Youth helping youth at summer service weekend
- Demand for more volunteer firefighters in Delaware