INDIAN RIVER, Del. - Two students from Indian River High School have announced that they have been accepted to the Naval Academy in Annapolis.
Jared Arlett and George Martin announced that they will be attending the academy in the fall. This is the first time two students from the high school have been accepted to the academy at the same time.
Officials say that Arlett is a wrestler and Martin is a lacrosse player. The boys are involved in other organizations on campus.
Indian river High School Principal Bennett Murray says the students are looked up to because of how well they do in school and the kind of people they are. He says that he could not be more excited for them.
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.