DELAWARE - Hundreds of people have been swarming to Newark this week for the Eastern Apicultural Society's Annual Conference, which focuses on beekeeping.
Thursday, August 3, 2017, they hosted their infamous honey show.
The flavor and color of honey is actually determined by the flower that the bees are visiting.
Participants were able to bring in honey from their own personal beehives. The honey's were judged among different categories, such as color, between light, middle, and dark.
We are told about 150 entries were submitted and they have 11 categories of silver winners along with four categories of winning ribbons.
Organizers tell 47 ABC the honey show has a rich and sweet history that's goes back more than 100 years.
- Public meeting on offshore drilling is set for Wednesday in Va.
- DNREC: Seaford water supply ruled safe after testing
- MSP: One dead after single-vehicle crash in Somerset Co.; investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Hours for Blades water distribution changes
- Officials investigate sewer system failure in Dover
- Sentencing set in military vehicle contract fraud case in Va.