DOVER, Del. - Dover Police say they are investigating a Monday afternoon home invasion and shooting at the Towne Point apartment complex that left three people injured with gunshot wounds.
Shortly before 2:10 PM, police received a report of an active home invasion at an apartment in the complex. As officers were en route to the scene, police received several calls from people hearing gunfire in the area.
At the scene police found two men outside on the ground who were injured by gunfire. An investigation revealed that one man was a suspect in the home invasion while the other was a home invasion victim, officials said. Police learned that the victim fired at multiple home invasion suspects and was hit as the suspects shot back.
Police say later in the day that a person went to Christiana Hospital for gunshot wound treatment. Investigators learned that this person was also involved in the home invasion and shooting.
The conditions of the three people shot have not yet been released. Police say the investigation into the home invasion and subsequent shots fired is still underway. Anyone with information on the incident is encouraged to call the Dover Police Department at 302-736-7130 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond