KENT COUNTY, Del. - A Hartly man convicted of raping and killing an elderly woman in Kent County more than a decade ago has been re-sentenced.
Officials say Ambrose Sykes was re-sentenced to life without parole for strangling retired teacher Virginia Trimnell.
Sykes was originally sentenced to death row. However, because Delaware's death penalty was overturned, a new sentencing date was set.
- County considers changes to scholarship fund
- AAA predicts record volume of drivers for Thanksgiving
- Medical marijuana dispensary coming to Smyrna in 2018
- Mountaire's Thanksgiving for Thousands draws hundreds of volunteers
- Governor enacts new rules for Lee statue rallies in Va.
- Man reportedly shot at New Church home, investigation ongoing