DELAWARE - Monday is Fresh Air Fund Day in the state of Delaware.
Governor John Carney made the proclamation Monday as the state celebrates 141 of this program.
The Fresh Air Fund is a non-profit which provides New York City children a chance to experience suburban, beach or country life for a week or two.
Shirley Weisel is the Delaware ambassador for Fresh Air Fund and she tells 47 ABC that families who host kids once tend to do it again.
"For families that have hosted in the past when they a lot of times you know they repeat the indication to the same child and in those cases when there's a closer relationship developed with the child some of the families prefer to have them longer," explains Weisel.
She says they are currently taking applications for host families in Delaware. So if you're interested in participating, check out their website.
- Made On Delmarva: Amused Studios
- County considers changes to scholarship fund
- AAA predicts record volume of drivers for Thanksgiving
- Medical marijuana dispensary coming to Smyrna in 2018
- Mountaire's Thanksgiving for Thousands draws hundreds of volunteers
- Governor enacts new rules for Lee statue rallies in Va.