GEORGETOWN, Del. - Georgetown Police have arrested a New York man after he was found to be in possession of untaxed cigarettes during a traffic stop in Georgetown.
Officials say Saturday, March 4, 2017 at 8:07 a.m. Georgetown Police were patrolling Dupont Blvd. when officers observed a gray Ford Taurus going northbound, commit a traffic violation.
After contacting the operator, police state the operator’s driver’s license was suspended and a search of the vehicle was conducted.
According to police, during that search a large quantity of cigarettes were discovered. We are told in total, 248 cartons of Marlboro brand cigarettes, 160 cartons of Newport brand cigarettes and 95 cartons of miscellaneous brands of cigarettes were located in the vehicle.
Police say a total current street value in New York of the cigarettes confiscated is approximately $145,580.
51-year-old Marvin Davis was arrested for three counts of possession of untaxed tobacco, one count of attempting to evade or defeat tax, and traffic violations.
- Deputies: Boy suffers minor injuries after being struck by vehicle in Federalsburg
- Ralph Northam names new secretary of transportation in Va.
- Easton man facing sex offense charges in connection to parking lot incident
- Updated Delmarva lawmakers weigh in on Alabama special election results
- Traffic Alert: John Street closed due to Salisbury water service project
- Police search for missing homeless man in Del.