GEORGETOWN, Del. - Georgetown Police say a Millsboro man was arrested Wednesday after he lead officers on a car chase up to Milton.
An officer with the Georgetown Police Department reportedly saw a silver Hyundai Sonata make a traffic violation while driving north on Edward Street. The officer followed the car onto North Bedford Street and attempted to pull the car over. The Hyundai continued onto northbound U.S. Route 113 and pulled over near Wilson Hill Road.
Police say after the officer got out of the police vehicle to approach the Hyundai's driver, the driver sped off, continuing northbound on Route 113. The officer resumed following the Hyundai, the suspect speeding and committing multiple traffic violations during the pursuit.
The suspect turned off Route 113 onto East Redden Road, then Sand Hill Road and finally onto Harbeson Road where the driver pulled into a private driveway and jumped out of the car, fleeing on foot. Officers with Milton Police and Lewes Police and Delaware State Troopers all assisted in searching for the suspect, who was found and arrested near Chestnut Street in Milton.
Police identified the suspect as 21-year-old Arthur Wells IV of Millsboro. He is charged with disregarding a police officer's signal, leaving the scene of an accident, aggressive driving, inattentive driving and a multitude of additional traffic violations. He has been committed to the Sussex Correctional Institute in default of bond.
- Operation Warm provides coats to hundreds of Delaware students
- Wicomico Co. drug bust leads to arrest of Parkside teacher
- UPDATE: Parkside teacher being held without bond in Salisbury; previous bond revoked
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury