FELTON, Del. - A fire was ruled an accident, after authorities say four animals were found dead inside a home, in Kent County.
The Delaware Fire Marshal's Office says on Wednesday, around 11:40 AM, the Felton Community Fire Company responded to a a fire in the unit block of Skinner Lane, just south of Felton. Felton firefighters, the Harrington Fire Company, and Kent County EMS responded to the reported fire to see smoke and fire coming from a home.
Authorities say the fire was placed under control around 12:20 PM and no one was home at the time of the fire. According to the report, four dogs were found dead inside the home. Investigators determined that the fire was accidental in nature. Fire officials report that the the cause was by combustible materials being too close to an electric space heater. the fire reportedly caused $35,000 in estimated damages.
Officials say the Red Cross of Delmarva is assisting the victims after this incident.
- Salisbury Zoo hosts 30 annual Earth Day celebration
- A mother's Facebook plea helps put a sex offender back behind bars
- Wicomico County Department of Corrections awarded grant
- 19th Annual Boardwalkin' for Pets to take place Saturday
- Ocean City Wind Turbine Petition Gets Support from Mayor, City Council
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project