DOVER, Del. - (AP) - A former Dover Air Force Base airman has agreed to plead guilty to charges involving the alleged sexual abuse of a teenage runaway.
A federal judge has scheduled a change-of-plea hearing next week for 21-year-old Akeem Beazer of Pompano Beach, Florida.
The entry of the scheduling order late Thursday comes just days after the judge agreed to postpone a scheduled October trial.
In seeking the postponement, prosecutors said searches of Facebook accounts and cellphones had uncovered materials giving rise to additional charges against Beazer. They also noted in court papers last week that paternity testing of the victim's baby was still pending.
Beazer and another airman, 25-year-old Dalian Washington of Philadelphia, were both charged with sex abuse of a minor. Washington also is charged with sex trafficking of a child.
- Operation Warm provides coats to hundreds of Delaware students
- Wicomico Co. drug bust leads to arrest of Parkside teacher
- UPDATE: Parkside teacher being held without bond in Salisbury; previous bond revoked
- Del. man charged with third DUI offense after Dover crash
- Wanted Easton man surrenders to police; man facing weapons and drug charges
- Deputies: Student tased after resisting arrest at Parkside High in Salisbury