DOVER, Del. - (AP) - Federal prosecutors are seeking to postpone the trial of a former Dover Air Force Base airman charged with sexually abusing a teenage runaway.
A trial for 21-year-old Akeem Beazer of Pompano Beach, Florida, is scheduled for next month.
But in court papers Thursday, prosecutors said searches of various Facebook accounts and cellphones have uncovered materials that give rise to additional charges against Beazer. To pursue those charges, prosecutors are asking that Beazer's trial be delayed until December or January.
Prosecutors say Beazer's lawyer does not oppose the delay. They also note that paternity testing of the victim's baby is still pending.
Beazer and another airman, 25-year-old Dalian Washington of Philadelphia, are charged with sex abuse of a minor. Washington also is charged with sex trafficking of a child.
- SU Poli Sci professor breaks down Doug Jones' victory over Roy Moore
- Man arrested in connection with attempted theft incidents in Salisbury
- Gov. Hogan announces new initiatives to boost jobs in Maryland
- Gov. Hogan to push for redistricting reform bill again
- UPDATE: Salisbury man sentenced for role in high speed chase in Worcester and Wicomico Counties
- UPDATE: Pastor rebukes suspect during attempted armed robbery at Princess Anne church property