SANDTOWN, Del. - Troopers continue to investigate a fatal hit and run incident that killed a Felton man, in Sandtown.
Delaware State Police say on Tuesday, just after 9:00 PM, 35-year-old Roger Coberly Jr., of Felton, was walking his dog on the shoulder of Willow Grove Road (SR 10) east of Sandtown Road. According to the report, an unknown make and model vehicle was traveling westbound on SR10, when it hit Coberly and threw him into a ditch on the north side of the roadway, near his home. Troopers say the vehicle continued westbound without stopping.
Coberly was pronounced dead at the scene by Kent County Paramedics. Authorities say the dog was able to run back to Coberly's home and was uninjured.
SR 10 between Sandtown Road and Mahon Corner Road was closed for approximately four hours while the crash was investigated and cleared.
This crash remains under investigation by the DSP Collision Reconstruction Unit. Anyone with information related to this crash or the hit and run vehicle is asked to call Sergeant J. Wheatley at 302-698-8528 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- Millsboro PD raises money to give local kids Christmas presents
- Undercover investigation reveals animal cruelty in Tyson farm
- SU Poli Sci professor breaks down Doug Jones' victory over Roy Moore
- Man arrested in connection with attempted theft incidents in Salisbury
- Gov. Hogan announces new initiatives to boost jobs in Maryland
- Gov. Hogan to push for redistricting reform bill again