GEORGETOWN, Del. - (AP) - A state trooper killed last week is being remembered at a candlelight vigil in Georgetown.
The vigil for Cpl. Stephen Ballard is planned for Monday night on The Circle. Georgetown Mayor Bill West invites people to come out to honor Ballard in a Facebook post.
Ballard died Wednesday after approaching a vehicle with two suspicious people at a convenience store in New Castle County. Police say Burgon Sealy Jr. fatally shot the trooper and was ultimately killed after a lengthy standoff.
Police haven't discussed possible motives behind the fatal shooting.
- Gun control bills winding through Del. legislature
- Va. to hold annual tornado preparedness drill
- Some rounds of ammunition from unrest can't be accounted for in Md.
- Local students stand up to bullying in Wicomico County
- Two gun control bills focus on mental health and age restrictions.
- Homelessness panel continues to take steps