MILTON, Del. - Authorities say they are investigating a domestic homicide which left a man dead and a woman in critical condition on Thursday evening, in Sussex County.
Delaware State Police say on Thursday, around 10:23 PM, neighbors reported that a man and a woman, in the 13000 block of Sunland Drive, were having a domestic dispute, in Milton. Once on scene, troopers learned that a 61-year-old man was armed with an unknown type of firearm and his wife was inside the home with him. Authorities report that they established a perimeter around the house and began speaking the man over the phone. The man then reportedly started to make threatening statements toward the first responders. While talking with the man, troopers say gunshots were heard inside the home and communication was lost. Law enforcement says shortly after the gunshots, a 911 call was placed from inside the home by a 60-year-old woman stating that both her and the man had been shot.
DSP apparently went into the home and found the man and woman in a bedroom, where he was pronounced dead by Sussex County Paramedics. The man's name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin. According to the report, the woman was removed from the scene and taken to Beebe Healthcare, before being airlifted to Christiana Medical Center. She is currently in critical condition.
The investigation of this domestic homicide is in its early stages and is ongoing. 47ABC will update this story as more information becomes available.
- Centuries old Harcum family farm in jeopardy
- Pot hole season hits the Eastern Shore
- PRMC and ambulance company in hot water over Medicare fraud allegations
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard