MILLSBORO, Del. - A stabbing remains under investigation, after troopers say a man was stabbed by another passenger in a vehicle, in Millsboro.
Delaware State Police say on Wednesday, around 8;20 PM, troopers were dispatched to the intersection of Townsend Road and Harmony Cemertery Road for a reported stabbing. Once on scene, Troopers say they encounter a 38-year-old Milford man, who was sitting on the side of the roadway with stab wounds to his extremities. Authorities report that the man was removed form the scene and taken to a local hospital.
After a preliminary investigation, DSP learned that the victim was a passenger in a vehicle where he was involved in a verbal argument with another passenger. According to the report the argument escalated at which point the driver stopped at the intersection of Townsend Road and Harmony Cemetery Road. While seated in the vehicle, troopers say the passenger suspect then stabbed the victim. The victim was apparently able to exit the vehicle before the suspect fled the scene.
The 38-year-old victim was treated at a local hospital and released with non-life-threatening injuries.
Law enforcement says the victim could only describe the suspect as a black man.
Anyone with information related to this incident is asked to contact Detective D. Kristunas of Troop 4 Major Crimes Unit at 302-752-3856 or Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-847-3333.
- Homicide Investigation Underway in Salisbury
- Police seize over three thousand bags of heroin along with marijuana during traffic stop
- UPDATE: At least 25 horses found dead at Wicomico Co. property; investigation ongoing
- Harris addresses wind farm at town hall
- Remembering CAMP Rehoboth co-founder Steve Elkins
- St. Patrick's Day impacts local sales