ELLENDALE, Del. - A man is facing his sixth DUI charge, after police say they noticed the smell of alcohol coming from a vehicle, in Sussex County.
Delaware State Police say on Sunday, just before 5:30 PM, a trooper traveling southbound on DuPont Boulevard (US 113), north of West Robbins Road, noticed that a Chevrolet Malibu was pulled over on the shoulder of the roadway with its flashing lights on, in Ellendale. The trooper reportedly then pulled behind the vehicle to check on the occupants.
According to the report, the trooper noticed an odor of alcohol when making contact with the driver, 53-year-old Kervy Riley, of Lincoln. A DUI investigation apparently began and Riley was taken into custody. Once back a t Troop 4, authorities say a computer check revealed that 53-year-old five previous DUI convictions.
Riley was charged with sixth offense of driving under the influence of alcohol, driving after judgement prohibited, and driving while suspended or revoked. He was later turned over to Sussex Correctional Institution on a $11,500 secured bond.
- Exclusive first look at SBY Marathon medal designed by local students
- One charged after fatal crash in Kent Co.
- Community rallies behind Berlin business after devastating fire
- Broadband networks to expand to Accomack County
- Meeting held to explain golf cart laws to residents
- Keeping pets protected as the weather heats up