DOVER, Del. - A Dover woman has become the first person convicted of violating the Delaware Prescription Monitoring Act.
46-year-old Michele Staats, a former nursing director of Kent Sussex Community Services was found guilty of unauthorized access of prescription monitoring information and making a false statement.
Staats accessed information of three people who were not her patients. She also made several false statements denying her responsibility.
The act helps cut the misuse and diversion of controlled substances while promoting improved professional practice and patient care.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.