DOVER, Del. - Two women were arrested, after police say drugs were found in their vehicle during a traffic stop, in Dover.
The Dover Police Department says on Thursday, at 9:40 PM, 22-year-old Ciara Footman and 24-year-old Jasmine Powell were pulled over after they did not stop stop as a stop sign, in the area of White Oak Road and Willis Road. During the traffic stop, officers say they noticed the smell of marijuana coming from their vehicle which prompted a search.
According to the report, police recovered five baggies of heroin, drug paraphernalia, a glass mason jar with 68 grams of marijuana, and $864 in drug money.
Footman and Powell were arrested.
Footman was charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, drug paraphernalia, possession of heroin, conspiracy second degree, and stop sign violation.
Powell was charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and conspiracy second degree.
Both women were released on unsecured bonds.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.
- Del. board revokes doctor's license over painkiller prescriptions
- Deputies: Nine-year-old identity theft incident remains under investigation in Queen Anne's Co.
- DSP: Over 140 bags of heroin found on path of foot pursuit in Felton; one arrested
- Some services restored after outage impacts BB&T Bank, customers; investigation ongoing