DOVER, Del. - A woman and two teens were arrested, after police say they had drugs in their possession during a traffic stop, in Dover.
The Dover Police Department says on Tuesday, around 1:40 PM, officers pulled over a vehicle, in the area of South Saulsbury Road and West North Street, after seeing the vehicle leave from an apartment, in the Brandywine Court Apartment complex.
According to the report, during the traffic stop, police found 1.5 grams of marijuana in the possession of the driver, 23-year-old Brentney Birkett. Authorities also reportedly found 124 bags of heroin in the possession of 18-year-old Anthony Clark, of Frederica. Birkett, Clark, and 19-year-old Michael Taylor, of Dover, were apparently taken into custody during the traffic stop.
After later executing a search warrant at the apartment, on Par Haven Drive, law enforcement say they found a loaded .380 handgun which belonged to Taylor.
Officials report that Birkett was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Taylor was charged with possession of firearm/ammo by person prohibited and illegal gang participation. He was released on a $23,000 unsecured bond. Clark was charged with possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of drug paraphernalia, and illegal gang participation. He was later turned over to the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on a $13,200 secured bond.
- UPDATE: Gold alert for Millsboro man canceled
- Berlin man charged with DUI after reportedly crashing into trooper vehicle
- Four arrested for drug sales and possession near one year old
- Fatal vehicle accident on route 50 seven others injured.
- Businesses hope to attract new customers with festive event
- Travon Miles trains for his redemption with the Globetrotters