DOVER, Del. - Dover Police are investigating an early Monday morning shooting in the Capital Green neighborhood that hospitalized a 22-year-old man, officials said.
Police say officers responded shortly before 1:15 AM to a reported shooting at an alley between Sussex Avenue and Collins Drive. Police found that a 22-year-old man was struck by gunfire in his arm, abdomen and leg and fled to a nearby business, leaving a vehicle behind at the scene. The man was transported to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital for treatment.
Officials say a police dog alerted officers to the scent of drugs in the victim's vehicle and that a search warrant was soon obtained. A search revealed 65.1 grams of marijuana and a .22 caliber revolver, police said.
The victim, whose name has not yet been released, is charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a firearm by a person prohibited.
There is currently no description of the shooting suspect or suspects.
- Be the Difference Day held 25 projects across Somerset, Wicomico, and Worcester counties
- Salisbury's 1st Annual Bike Party kicks off on Earth Day
- Laurel man faces child abuse and sexual assault charges
- United Way's Be the Difference Day
- Carper "Climate Change Tour" comes to Dewey Beach
- Health officials issue warning for New Castle residents who may have come in contact with raccoon