DOVER, Del. - Dover Police are investigating an early Monday morning shooting in the Capital Green neighborhood that hospitalized a 22-year-old man, officials said.
Police say officers responded shortly before 1:15 AM to a reported shooting at an alley between Sussex Avenue and Collins Drive. Police found that a 22-year-old man was struck by gunfire in his arm, abdomen and leg and fled to a nearby business, leaving a vehicle behind at the scene. The man was transported to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital for treatment.
Officials say a police dog alerted officers to the scent of drugs in the victim's vehicle and that a search warrant was soon obtained. A search revealed 65.1 grams of marijuana and a .22 caliber revolver, police said.
The victim, whose name has not yet been released, is charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of a firearm by a person prohibited.
There is currently no description of the shooting suspect or suspects.
- Maryland governor to sign bills to fight opioid addiction
- Crisfield holds hearing on areas of concern
- Foreclosure victims offered a Fresh Start
- OC officials urge beach goers not to go into the water until Saturday
- Md. officials launch campaign to prevent future boating accidents
- Ocean City stressing pedestrian safety ahead of Memorial Day weekend