DOVER, Del. - A man in facing drug charges, after police say they found over 60 bags of heroin and over $11,000 in drug money following his arrest for a traffic violation, in Delaware.
The Dover Police Department says on Thursday, police ended a drug investigation after pulling over 48-year-old Brian Hunter, in the area of East Division Street at North DuPont Highway, in Dover. According to the report, just after 1:00 PM, Hunter was stopped for a traffic violation when he fled the scene on foot. Authorities say Hunter was taken into custody a short time later.
At that time, officers reportedly found 97 grams of cocaine, 61 bags of heroin, 1.5 grams of marijuana, and drug paraphernalia.
According to law enforcement, officers later executed a search warrant at Hunter's home in M&S Trailer park, in the 1500 block of North Little Creek Road. During the search, police say they found $11,300 in drug money.
Hunter was charged with possession with intent to deliver cocaine, possession of cocaine, possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of marijuana, drug paraphernalia, and resisting arrest.
He was later turned over to the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on a $132,000 cash bond.
- Code Purple extends services as cold temps continue
- Police search for Del. man wanted on multiple charges
- Man charged in connection to 2017 incident at Somerset Co. Dept. of Social Services
- No one injured in Kent County house fire; cause identified
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested