DOVER, Del. - Officials say that a 48-year-old Dover man will spend 10 years in prison after pleading guilty to first degree sexual abuse of a child by a person of trust, endangering the welfare of a child and third degree child abuse.
A deputy attorney general secured the plea and sentence from David Jones. In October 2016, Jones sexually abused a child that was in his care.
After pleading guilty in Superior Court, a judge sentenced Jones to 10 years in prison, followed by one year of either work release or home confinement, then three years of probation.
Jones must also register as a tier three sex offender.
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.
- UPDATE: Victim identified in Dover homicide; one arrested
- Worcester County STEM students offered opportunity to work in career fields
- Not My Child hopes to continue conversation about opioids
- Dover sewage failure investigation continues