DOVER, Del. - A Dover man will spend the next decade in prison for sexual abuse of a minor.
The Officials with the Delaware Attorney General's Office says, on Friday, 41-year-old Micah Smith, of Dover, was sentenced in a child abuse case.
In May, a jury convicted Smith convicted of abusing a child who was in his care. The 41-year- old was convicted of continuous sexual abuse of a child, sexual abuse of a child by a person in a position of trust, authority or supervision second degree, and 3 counts of unlawful sexual contact first degree.
A Superior Court judge sentenced Smith to 10 years in prison, followed by 3 years of home confinement, and then 3 years of GPS monitored probation. Smith will also be required to register as a Tier 3 sex offender.
The Deputy Attorneys General Jenna Milecki and Amanda DiLiberto were assisted by DOJ social worker Claudia Melton on this case
- UPDATE: Salisbury attempted murder suspect arrested in Pa.
- Del. woman arrested after allegedly making meth during traffic stop
- Md. governor signs gun violence prevention bills
- Police: Suspect wanted in connection to Salisbury shooting
- Man injured as a result of Del. shooting; investigation ongoing
- Milford traffic stop leads to seizure of over 1,000 bags of heroin; one arrested