DOVER, Del. - Dover Police say three people were arrested Monday morning on drug charges, with one man charged for possession of a firearm by a person prohibited.
Officers with the Dover Police Department Street Crimes Unit reportedly observed a vehicle parked in an alley near South Governors Avenue and South Bradford Street at around 11:45 AM. Upon making contact with the three occupants, police say officers noticed the trio was smoking marijuana.
Rakim Strickland, 26, and Shameaka Smith, 23, both of Dover, were charged with possession of marijuana and released on a criminal summons.
Police say Austin Ross, of Dover, was found to be in possession of a loaded .25 caliber handgun, in addition to marijuana. He was arrested and charged with possession of marijuana, possession of a firearm by a person prohibited and carrying a concealed deadly weapon. He has been committed to the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on a $39,300 cash bond.
- Public meeting on offshore drilling is set for Wednesday in Va.
- DNREC: Seaford water supply ruled safe after testing
- MSP: One dead after single-vehicle crash in Somerset Co.; investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Hours for Blades water distribution changes
- Officials investigate sewer system failure in Dover
- Sentencing set in military vehicle contract fraud case in Va.