DOVER, Del. - The Dover Police Department has charged 25-year-old Jahmelle Taylor with the shooting that left a 32-year-old man wounded on Thursday.
At approximately 3:42am on Thursday, officers responded to the first block of North New Street after receiving a report of shots fired.
Officers later learned that the victim of the shooting drove to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital Emergency Department with two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. That victim has since undergone surgery and is now in stable condition.
Taylor was later found on South Governors Avenue, and proceeded to run from officers. Eventually, officers caught up to Taylor and he was taken into police custody without incident. Taylor was arrested Friday.
Taylor has been charged with the following offenses: Possession of a Firearm During Commission of a Felony, Possession of a Firearm by Person Prohibited, Resisting Arrest, Criminal Mischief, Assault of the 1st Degree, Reckless Endangering and Violation of Probation.
- Gov. Hogan urges reauthorization of children's health program
- Two flown to Shock Trauma after four-vehicle crash in Easton
- Police: Trash truck fire closes down highway for over an hour in Talbot Co.
- Berlin home engulfed in blaze; Investigation ongoing
- Md. lawmakers update policy on sexual harassment
- United States budget deficit totals $138.5 billion in November