DOVER, Del. - The Dover Police Department has charged 25-year-old Jahmelle Taylor with the shooting that left a 32-year-old man wounded on Thursday.
At approximately 3:42am on Thursday, officers responded to the first block of North New Street after receiving a report of shots fired.
Officers later learned that the victim of the shooting drove to Bayhealth Kent General Hospital Emergency Department with two gunshot wounds to the abdomen. That victim has since undergone surgery and is now in stable condition.
Taylor was later found on South Governors Avenue, and proceeded to run from officers. Eventually, officers caught up to Taylor and he was taken into police custody without incident. Taylor was arrested Friday.
Taylor has been charged with the following offenses: Possession of a Firearm During Commission of a Felony, Possession of a Firearm by Person Prohibited, Resisting Arrest, Criminal Mischief, Assault of the 1st Degree, Reckless Endangering and Violation of Probation.
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.
- Md. catholic school principal arrested on multiple DUI charges
- Smoke detectors being recalled as they may not detect smoke
- Mumps outbreak linked to Hispanic dance festival in Del.