DOVER, Del. - Delaware State Police say a Dover man was arrested Wednesday following an investigation by the DSP Kent County Drug Unit.
Shortly before 6 PM Wednesday, Drug Unit detectives, members of the Kent County Governor's Task Force and members of the Drug Enforcement Administration of Dover executed a search warrant at a residence on Laws Lane. Detectives report finding 843 bags of heroin totaling 5.901 grams along with a handgun, a shotgun and a loaded AK-47.
Robert Reed, 20, was located by police during a traffic stop and arrested. Officials say he had nine additional bags of heroin in his possession along with seven benzodiazepine pills. He is charged with two counts of possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Reed has been committed to the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on a secured bond of $47,000.
- Tips on keeping pets safe in cold weather
- First distillery in Somerset County, Spirits of Patriots, will create rum and tourism
- Local Boys & Girls Club receives hundred of donated coats
- Updated USGS: 1.2 magnitude earthquake happened near Dover
- Millsboro PD raises money to give local kids Christmas presents
- Undercover investigation reveals animal cruelty in Tyson farm