DOVER, Del. - Delaware State Police say a Dover man was arrested Wednesday following an investigation by the DSP Kent County Drug Unit.
Shortly before 6 PM Wednesday, Drug Unit detectives, members of the Kent County Governor's Task Force and members of the Drug Enforcement Administration of Dover executed a search warrant at a residence on Laws Lane. Detectives report finding 843 bags of heroin totaling 5.901 grams along with a handgun, a shotgun and a loaded AK-47.
Robert Reed, 20, was located by police during a traffic stop and arrested. Officials say he had nine additional bags of heroin in his possession along with seven benzodiazepine pills. He is charged with two counts of possession with intent to deliver heroin, possession of a controlled substance without a prescription, possession of a deadly weapon by a person prohibited and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Reed has been committed to the James T. Vaughn Correctional Center on a secured bond of $47,000.
- Locals weigh in on potential school safety measures
- Wicomico Co. woman convicted in 2017 child abuse case
- UPDATE: Man sentenced in 2016 rape case in Wicomico County
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.
- Del. woman, non-profit organization employee indicted on multiple fraud charges
- Unconscious driver arrested on DUI charges in Wicomico Co.