DOVER, Del. - The Dover City Council voted to sue Big Pharma at their council meeting, on Monday evening.
According to city officials, the Council voted unanimously to approve a motion to retain Marc J. Bern and Partners, and all other required associates, to file suit, per the terms discussed, against recommended pharmaceutical companies that mass manufacturer and distribute opioids, in which the Council believes is a root of the opioid addiction epidemic.
Councilman Tanner Polce says that the council is the first municipality in the state to take this action.
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues