DOVER, Del. - The Dover City Council voted to sue Big Pharma at their council meeting, on Monday evening.
According to city officials, the Council voted unanimously to approve a motion to retain Marc J. Bern and Partners, and all other required associates, to file suit, per the terms discussed, against recommended pharmaceutical companies that mass manufacturer and distribute opioids, in which the Council believes is a root of the opioid addiction epidemic.
Councilman Tanner Polce says that the council is the first municipality in the state to take this action.
- Updated Salisbury Mayor Jake Day discusses priorities of proposed FY 2019 budget
- Updated New Maryland law aims to reduce demand for puppy mill dogs
- Updated Cambridge showing new job opportunities through Facebook posts
- Investigation continues into controversial KIHS video
- Bus passenger arrested on drug charges in Md.
- Several Governors form group to study gun violence, offer solutions