DOVER, DE - We first brought you the story of a Dover cheerleading squad last month that needed to raise more than $15,000 to compete in nationals at Disney World, and now we can say with your help they have met their goal.
After the story aired the squad raised an additional $10,000 and their head coach Robin Smith says they'll be getting the rest of the money just in time for the team's flight to the sunshine state
"This is the furthest many of them have gone for more than half it's their first plane ride so it should be an interesting morning Friday and it's a once in a life time opportunity so I'm excited to be apart of helping them experience it," said head coach for the Campus Community School Cougars Cheerleading Squad Robin Smith.
The team will be leaving for the competition on Friday February, 9th at 2:30 in the morning. We will be getting updates from coach smith on how squad is doing and of course we'll be updating you on how their trip went in the next couple of weeks
- Questions asked following end of neighborhood watch
- Resort town changes view of ocean for visitors
- JTVCC Inmate sues DOC over allege "torture" after uprising
- Salisbury officials celebrate groundbreaking of Riverwalk amphitheatre
- Man guilty on multiple charges after previous conviction in Del.
- Maryland Senators pay a visit to Salisbury University to discuss local issues