DOVER, Del. - A Dover Air Force Base Airman is facing multiple charges, after police say he had sex with a minor on multiple occasions, in Delaware.
The Dover Police Department says on November 14, at 7:10 PM, officers were contacted by the guardian of a 14-year-old runaway who learned that the teen was staying in Dover Country Club Apartments with an unknown person. Police say they responded to the apartment and encountered the 14-year-old girl with 21-year-old Zepplin Taylor-McGinness.
According to authorities, the victim was returned to to the guardian, and the Dover Police Department along with the Air Force Office of Special Investigations launched a joint investigation into the matter.
During the investigation, Law enforcement learned that Taylor-McGinness engaged in sexual acts with the victim on several occasions.
On February 5, Dover PD arrested and charged Taylor-McGinness with four counts of second degree rape and endangering the welfare of a child (harboring a runaway).
The 21-year-old was turned over to James T Vaughn Correctional Center in default of a $100,050 secured bond.
- Physician, 78, sentenced on Medicaid fraud, drug charges in Va.
- Deputies: Acetaminophen and oxycodone found during Dorchester Co. traffic stop; one arrested
- UPDATE: Suspect charged in connection to Salisbury homicide investigation
- Officials: Teacher suffers minor injury after fight at Wicomico Co. school
- United Airlines suspends new reservations for pets in cargo hold
- Officials: Cause identified in Caroline County fire