GEORGETOWN, Del. - Authorities say six inmates were involved in an overdose incident on Thursday, in Delaware.
The Delaware Department of Corrections says around 2:45 PM, DOC medical officials and area EMTs responded to the Sussex Correctional Community Center, in Georgetown, for an overdose incident.
According to DOC officials, six female offenders overdosed and were administered CPR and narcan in response to the incident.
Authorities say the inmates were then turned over to Baylor Women's Correctional Institution.
Officials say this is an ongoing investigation and additional charges are pending.
- Officials seek new borrow areas for Ocean City beach replenishment project
- Southwest Airlines offers apology, $5K, to passengers on damaged jet
- UPDATE: Two arrested in connection with 2017 murder investigation
- UPDATE: Wicomico Co. man sentenced for 2017 rape of relative
- Foodie Friday: Blacksmith Bar & Restaurant
- Md. gubernatorial candidate speaks at marijuana summit