DOVER, Del. - The Department of Correction is looking for an inmate who they say did not return from a work pass in, Dover.
Delaware DOC officials say 38-year-old Phillip Nelson, an inmate at Morris Community Correctional Center in Dover, did not return from an approved work pass, on Thursday. Authorities say they have issued a warrant for escape after conviction, since Nelson's whereabouts are currently unknown.
According to the report, Nelson is described as standing 6' 05", weighing 297 lbs., with black hair and brown eyes. His last known address is in Milford, DE. Nelson is currently serving time for robbery second degree.
MCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Nelson is asked to call the Department of Corrections at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- Wicomico Co. Airport to receive $1.2 mil DOT grant
- Wicomico Health Officials are Hiring
- Police looking for suspects after assault at the Cookout drive thru in Salisbury
- Man Electrocuted at Wicomico Landfill
- Woman arrested on DUI charges after leaving Wicomico Co. school
- Crisfield woman charged in connection with heroin investigation