MAGNOLIA, Del. - Authorities are searching for an inmate after they say he climbed a fence to escape from a Delaware correctional facility.
On Wednesday, the Delaware Department of Correction says 20-year-old Louis Dotson, an inmate at Plummer Community Correctional Center (PCCC) in Wilmington, is seen on security camera footage as he climbed the perimeter fence and continue south on Market Street. Authorities say Dotson was last seen wearing a black shirt and black pants. A warrant for escape after conviction was issued since Dotson's whereabouts are unknown and unauthorized at this time.
According to DOC officials, the 20-year-old is described as standing 5'10" tall, weighing 150 lbs., with brown hair and brown eyes. his last know address is in magnolia, DE. Dotson is currently serving time for violation of probation: resisting arrest.
PCCC is a level four Community Corrections Center. Community Corrections Centers are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Dotson is asked to call the Department of Corrections at 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- Over 100 doses of alprazolam found in Dover; two charged
- Police: Man wanted after woman was slashed in assault incident in Salisbury
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Kent Co.
- UPDATE: Seaford man pleads guilty for role in shooting death of 18-year-old man
- Man arrested on child pornography charges in Dover
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond