GEORGETOWN, Del. - Dozens of community partners are teaming up to host a free addiction community session this Thursday.
It's being done by the Delaware Division of Substance Abuse and Mental Health and it's a way for people to talk with local services and experts.
29 providers will be at Del Tech on the Owens Campus.
They will have educational classes such as Narcan training every hour.
Testimonials from those in recovery are also being done throughout the day.
We're told this was in response to what providers were hearing from families. Many do not know where to get help or where to turn to.
This will allow community members to talk face-to-face with those agencies.
The event for this Thursday will take place from 2-7.
This is the last event in a series of free addiction-related community sessions.
- Delaware sees record breaking tourism stats
- Woman charged with assault after attacking with her purse
- Man faces theft charges after stealing checks from business
- Gov. Larry Hogan announces new text to 9-1-1 system
- Perdue Farms invests millions in Milford, DE Plant for More Humane Chicken Slaughter
- Officials hold meeting on regulations for guns in Delaware state parks