DELMAR, Del. - Here's an update on a story 47abc brought you last week about the owner of Delaware International Speedway being injured in an explosion.
The son of Charlie Cathell, Mark Cathell, says that Charlie will not have to receive skin grafting on areas that they were worried about. Cathell says they brought home their father last night.
Mark thanked people for their prayers, thoughts and visits. Charlie Cathell was burned last Tuesday when an electric fuel pump used to transfer racing fuel caused a fire.
He was transported to Bay View Medical Center in Baltimore.
- Police: Officer shot, killed intervening in domestic dispute in Md.
- UPDATE: Man arrested in connection to Salisbury slashing
- U.S. Supreme Court: Dodd-Frank whistleblower protection is narrow
- Police: Suspects unsuccessful in getting property during Dover home invasion; investigation ongoing
- Traffic Alert: Lane closures for Route 1 NB announced for upcoming Kent Co. project
- Prison visits restricted as preventative flu measure in Del.