DOVER, De. - On July 25, 2017, State troopers, family and friends gathered at the Delaware State Police Museum for the dedication of Corporal Stephen J. Ballard.
"Today we honor his courage and commitment to the oath to protect and serve. Cpl/1 Ballard's memory will live on in his family and in the many lives that he touched, and he will always be a part of the enduring history of the Delaware State Police," said Colonel Nathaniel McQueen Jr., Superintendent of Delaware State Police.
During the ceremony, executives from JPMorgan Chase Bank presented the Delaware State Police Museum with a $10,000 donation in honor of Corporal Stephen Ballard's service and ultimate sacrifice."We are proud to contribute to the Delaware State Police Museum to celebrate these heroes," said Tom Horne, Delaware market president for JPMorgan Chase.
Corporal Ballard's photo will be placed on the the Memorial Walls at all of the troops and sections within the division.
- Filing deadline quickly approaching for 2018 Gubernatorial Primary Election in Maryland
- UPDATE: Milton man charged in connection with fight at basketball game
- Judge says he can't grant home confinement to Del. prison guard
- Ex-psychiatric hospital workers plead to criminal charges in Del.
- Deputies: Over 400 grams of marijuana found during search in Wicomico Co.; one arrested
- UPDATE: Laurel man guilty in 2017 shooting in Sussex Co.