BRIDGEVILLE, Del. - The Delaware State Police are releasing the name of the teen that died as a result of a shooting northwest of Bridgeville on Thursday as 18-year-old Tavyon M. Sykes of Greenwood.
Police say their preliminary investigation has revealed that on Thursday at approximately 1:41 p.m., Troopers were notified that a victim had been dropped off by a car at the Nanticoke Memorial Hospital in Seaford.
Upon arrival to the hospital, Troopers were informed that an 18-year-old teen from Greenwood had been shot and succumb to his injuries. The shooting was reported to have occurred at the intersection of Newton Road and Adams Road, Bridgeville.
Police say on Friday, Detectives obtained an arrest warrant for suspect Jared C. Mitchell, 31 of Greenwood for Murder 1st degree, two counts of Possession of a Firearm During the Commission of a Felony, Reckless Endangering, and two counts Possession of a Firearm by a Person Prohibited.
If anyone has any information in reference to this investigation or Mitchell's whereabouts, they are asked to contact the Detective J. King at 302-741-2821. Information may also be provided by calling Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333, via the internet at www.delaware.crimestoppersweb.com.
- UPDATE: Leader of Del. criminal network sentenced
- Wicomico Co. house fire results in $100K in damages; investigation ongoing
- Texas bombing victim accepted at Oberlin before death
- UPDATE: Del. court rejects appeal of woman in daycare death
- Former teacher, coach pleads guilty to child porn charges in Md.
- Woman convicted for role in 2017 chase in Wicomico County