CAMDEN, Del. - (AP) - Delaware State Police are investigating the death of a Dover woman who was hit by three vehicles on South Dupont Highway near Camden.
Authorities say 62-year-old Brenda J. Williams was crossing northbound lanes of the highway Monday night when she was hit by the side mirror of a Jeep Compass.
Police say Williams slid down the side of Jeep and fell into the road, where she was hit by a Pontiac G6 and a Honda Civic a few car lengths behind the Jeep.
Authorities say Williams, who died at the scene, was wearing dark clothing and was not carrying a flashlight.
Police also say the area where the incident occurred is unlit, with crosswalks.
- UPDATE: Mistrial declared in Sussex Co. rape and kidnapping case; Dover man out on bond
- UPDATE: Trial begins for one of six allegedly involved in 2017 murder of Salisbury man
- DSP: Body found in Dover; death investigation ongoing
- UPDATE: Officials: Cause identified in Dorchester Co. house fire
- Transit police officer convicted in terrorism case regrets behavior
- U.S. Supreme Court rejects two gun rights appeals