DOVER, Del. - (AP) - House lawmakers have approved a bill moving the date for primary elections for statewide and local offices.
The legislation approved Tuesday moves the primary election date from the second Tuesday after the first Monday in September to the fourth Tuesday in April.
The April date would coincide with the date of Delaware's presidential primary in presidential election years.
Supporters of the bill, which now goes to the Senate, say it will reduce the cost of holding elections and could improve voter participation.
If passed, the legislation would take effect in 2020.
- PRMC now offers minimally invasive brain surgery
- Salisbury traffic stop leads to drug charges for Pa. man
- Foodie Friday: Watermen's Inn
- UPDATE: International sex offender sentenced for rape of Del. child
- UPDATE: Wanted inmate in custody after escape from Del. correctional center
- Police search for suspects involved in Milford strong armed robbery