DOVER, Del. - Authorities are looking for an inmate who they say did not return from a work pass, in Dover.
Delaware Department of Correction officials say that 31-year-old Joshua Collins, an inmate at Morris Community Correctional Center in Dover, willfully escaped after failing to return from an approved work pass, on Sunday. According to the report, Collins is described as standing 6' 01", weighing 156 lbs., with brown hair and hazel eyes. His last known address is in Felton, DE. Collins is currently serving time for violation of probation: delivery heroin.
Authorities say that they have issued a warrant for escape. Collins' whereabouts are currently unknown.
Community Corrections Centers like MCCC are level 4 facilities that helps those who are transitioning back into the community. Level four facilities are not secured like level five facilities. At level four facilities, offenders are allowed to leave the facility to go to work, seek jobs, or attend approved treatment sessions.
Anyone with information related to the whereabouts of Collins is asked to call 800-542-9524 or your local police department.
- McCready Health expands its Behavioral Health Unit
- Wicomico Yacht Club nears opening
- Locals weigh in on potential school safety measures
- Wicomico Co. woman convicted in 2017 child abuse case
- UPDATE: Man sentenced in 2016 rape case in Wicomico County
- Democrats unveil bill to ban assault-type rifles in Del.